Friday, July 6, 2012

JULY 4TH

Today we went to Joy's for a BBQ lunch and the kids had a great time playing on her new swing set and a water table.  That evening I decided to take the kids to Dam Neck beach to see if we could see the oceanfront fire works.  When we got on base the parking lot was full so I was excited thinking it would be a good show.  We found our spot, I put glow in the dark necklaces on the kids and they placed until the fireworks started at 9:30.  As soon as they started Peyton said "I'm bored, can we leave"  I made us wait about 20 minutes and then got up to leave.  Stoping to take pictures of the moon because it was red!
I had to carry Tyler, a large beach bag and a beach chair back to the parking lot.  It was 90* and NOT easy.  We get to the parking lot and I can't find the van!  It's pitch black and people are driving all over the place and there are drunk people falling all over the parking lot.  I finally find the van and I think we sat in traffic to get off base for 30 minutes.  We didn't get home until after 11pm and the kids were loaded with sand.  The fireworks were so far away it wasn't even that great of a show.  Definitely not something we'll be doing again!  But at least we got to play at the beach, see a red sun and see some fireworks on the 4th.

No comments: