Thursday, April 12, 2012

PIZZA GARDEN

I've been wanting to try a pizza garden ever since I found one online. I believe it was this website I stumbled upon last year: http://lancaster.unl.edu/hort/youth/pizzagdn.shtml We planned on making one once we got in our new home and during one of our walmart trips we found a pizza garden kit made by growums! http://www.growums.com/Gardens So I had to buy it! TJ made the garden by setting up the wedges and lining the whole thing with wood and putting soil and mulch down. The pizza garden kit came with tomatoes, basil, oregano and bell peppers. We made 8 wedges so I can add 4 more items if I choose. I am thinking about garlic, onions, jalapenos and zucchini. I'm not sure how the garden will turn out since I'm not very good at gardening and we seem to have a zoo in our backyard but I plan to give it a shot!

2 comments:

tepee said...

Donna,
Thanks for the note about your blog. I haven't checked it for a while, but did so today and shed a few tears with you and the girls. You have a beautiful family. Good luck on your garden. You might look for some netting or screen to keep the animals out.
Tina

McGonigal said...

Thank you aunt Tina!