Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TYLER IS HERE!


So it all started at 4:30am on Aug 3rd. I woke up with some regular contractions. I didn't know what time it actually was or how far apart the contractions were so I went downstairs to start timing them. It was 5:15 when I got downstairs and by 5:45 I starting thinking this might be the real deal. I called my doctor and told her what was going on. I told her that I was waiting for the contractions to go away because I DID NOT want to show up at the hospital and have my contractions stop and be sent home. She said, well you don't need to have a baby at home either. So I went upstairs and woke TJ up at 6am. TJ got the girls ready and was running around doing last minute things in the house, he even topped off the air for his mother's air matress before we left the house! We took the girls to a friends house and made it to the hospital just after 7am. Shortly after being admitted I was checked and was already at 8cm! I wish I would have known that before they can administer pain meds they have to do blood work and give you a full IV which took FOREVER! I was given a spinal at 8:30am and was already at 9cm by then. I was so miserable! After the spinal I felt great and the doctor let me rest a bit before delivery. Around 10:00am I rang the bell for the nurse and told her and the doc that I was starting to feel the contractions again and would like another shot in the spine. They told me no it was time to push. I pushed for 15 minutes and he was born at 10:37am! He weighs 8 lbs 5 oz and is 21 1/2 inches long. He's been an awesome baby so far and is so sweet!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a wonderful story! I love hearing how God brings these sweet babies into this world! I am so happy for you and I bet your girls are loving that little guy!